Inspired by the Museum: Sketching Day
SOLD OUT – Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waiting list.
Learn the basic rules of perspective and learn to “sight-measure” with your pencil. Using pencil, pens, chalk and charcoal, be inspired by the beautiful historic surroundings and learn to make quick, accurate and expressive sketches. Suitable for beginners and those with some experience.
Kate Tugwell is a professional artist and trained tutor. She runs a range of courses, drop-in classes and one-to-one tuition at various venues in West Sussex. Visit www.katesartclasses.com to learn more about the tutor.
Materials to bring:
- Cartridge paper sketching pad (minimum A4)
- A portable easel or board to rest on
- Pencils – HB, 2B, 4B, 6B and 8B
- pencil sharpener
- blending sticks
- baby wipes or kitchen roll.
- a viewfinder
- Charcoal and chalk
- Coloured pastel paper is you wish to use charcoal and chalk
- fine-tipped permanent ink drawing pens (0.3-0.7) or calligraphy nibs and permanent inkpot
- masking tape
- a camera or iPad in case the weather forces us indoors.
Please wear suitable outdoor clothing and sturdy footwear.
Fee & Refreshments
£65 per person, this includes tuition, tea and coffee. Please let the Museum know in advance if you have any dietary requirements. You can bring your own packed lunch or the café will be open at lunchtime.