Inspired by the Museum: Watercolour Day
SOLD OUT – Please email email@example.com to be added to the waiting list.
Be inspired by the beautiful historic surroundings and spend a day learning to paint with watercolours. We will spend the morning outdoors drawing a scene lightly in pencil or directly with pen before applying a watercolour wash in the afternoon. Suitable for beginners and those with some experience.
Kate Tugwell is a professional artist and trained tutor. She runs a range of courses, drop-in classes and one-to-one tuition at various venues in West Sussex. Visit www.katesartclasses.com to learn more about the tutor.
Materials to bring:
- a portable easel or board to rest on;
- sketching pad;
- a few sheets of watercolour paper – either pre-stretched on boards or a gummed pad is ideal;
- HB, 2B or water soluble graphite pencils;
- pencil sharpener;
- watercolour paints;
- palette for mixing colours;
- brushes – a selection of sable rounds and a wide wash brush;
- water holders and kitchen roll.
- a viewfinder;
- masking fluid,
- fine-tipped permanent ink drawing pens,
- a camera or iPad in case the weather forces us indoors.
Please wear suitable outdoor clothing and sturdy footwear.
Fee & Refreshments
£65 per person, this includes tuition, tea and coffee. Please let the Museum know in advance if you have any dietary requirements. You can bring your own packed lunch or the café will be open at lunchtime.Book course