Do Something for You & Enjoy the Benefits of Volunteering
In the tranquil setting of the Weald & Downland Living Museum, you can connect with the community, meet new people, improve your health, learn new skills and even advance your career.
We welcome applications to volunteer from people with a variety of backgrounds, experiences and age groups.
The Museum is a not-for-profit, educational charity trust and we strive to be as inclusive as possible, however there are a few basic requirements which we need to ensure safety onsite and maintain a high level of visitor experience.
Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years old, able to work independently, as unfortunately the Museum isn’t able to provide one-to-one support across the site, and comfortable to interact with the public as and when required.
If you’d like to join our friendly team, you can access the online application form here. Once we have received your application, we’ll arrange a time for you to come in and meet us.
What Does the Museum Offer Volunteers?
We value the time, dedication and passion which our volunteers bring to the Museum and in return we are continuously looking at ways to ensure we offer a fulfilling and rewarding experience. Currently we provide training and support to learn new skills, plus:
- A safe and enjoyable volunteering environment
- Free entry to the Museum with your immediate family (maximum of three) or one guest per visit
- 20% discount in the Museum’s gift shop and waterside café
- Copies of a monthly volunteer newsletter
- An annual volunteers ‘Thank You’ party
- Free hot drinks from the waterside café or Shepherds Hut
How to Apply & the Application Process
Interested in volunteering? Please sign up using our online application form via the button below.
Steps once application has been submitted:
- Once we have received your enquiry we will arrange a time to have an informal interview
- The interview will include an opportunity to discuss your skills and how you’d like to contribute in supporting the Museum
- Post interview we will be in touch to let you know whether your application has been successful and to arrange your start date and induction. The majority of applications are successful, however we are occasionally unable to accommodate everyone due to the volume of applications and availability of roles.
We look forward to receiving your application.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or simply fill the form below and we will get in touch with you!Apply online
Volunteers are the lifeblood of the Museum – without the time given to us by our volunteers we would simply be unable to exist.
There are many opportunities to get involved here at the Museum, which vary at different times. We are currently taking enquiries from people who might like to join the volunteer team.