We have a number of egg-citing activities and competitions to keep you creatively active over the two-week Easter holiday break whilst at home.
Why not create a piece of art by using your recycling waste aka ‘junk modelling’? How about some mindfulness colouring time? Or perhaps test your knowledge of the Museum?
The only prerequisite is… to have fun!
Easter themed decorations and activities
- Egg decorating ideas (PDF)
- Egg less decorations (PDF)
- How to blow and dye eggs (PDF)
- Make a nest or rustic basket from tree willow (PDF)
- Children’s Museum quiz (PDF)
- Museum quiz (coming soon)
- Museum wordsearch (PDF)
- Museum crossword (PDF)
Mindful Museum colouring-in sheets
This Easter use your imagination to get creative with your recycling for the Weald & Downland Living Museum Junk Modelling competition!
Two age categories:
- 16 years and under
- 17 years and above
The winner of each group will receive a small prize!
It’s simple – make an object or scene which best represents the Weald & Downland Living Museum! Could it be a medieval house, historic garden, working farm animal, library? The possibilities are endless!
How to enter:
There are three ways to enter:
- Upload photos of your finished pieces to your Facebook page and tag us @wealddownmuseum and caption your piece of work, including the age of the artist
- Upload photos of your finished pieces to your Instagram account, tag us @wealddownmuseum and use #WDLMcompetition and caption your piece of work, including the age of the artist
- Email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org, include your title of work, name and age.
By emailing your entry, you give the Weald & Downland Living Museum permission to upload the photo/s, first name and age of the entrant across the Museum’s social media channels.
Colouring competition for 6 and under
Please download and print the attached colouring sheet of our lovely Poplar Cottage. The winner will receive a small prize!
- Take a photo of the finished piece
- Share on social media tagging us @wealddownmuseum and use #WDLMcolour
- Add first name and age of artist
- Alternatively, email your entry to email@example.com – include the first name and age of the artist.
By emailing your entry you give the Weald & Downland Living Museum permission to upload the photo/s, first name and age of the entrant across the Museum’s social media channels.
Submit your competition entries by 5pm (BST) Sunday, 19 April
Winners wills be announced from Monday, 20 April
Good luck, stay safe and have a Happy Easter!