Come and enjoy this wonderful season among our historic buildings and beautiful downland landscape.
As green shoots and new life pop up all over the Museum, we have some great events for the whole family to enjoy.
Joining our recently opened Bakehouse earlier in the year, we look forward to our stunning new Dairy opening this summer.
Just another great reason to visit the Museum, with fantastic demonstrations giving you a taste of the fascinating stories we tell across the Museum.
- Late Night Opening, to celebrate the marking of midsummer – Friday, 21 June, open until 9pm
- Historic Life Weekend: Midsummer & Plant-Lore – 22–23 June
- Rare & Traditional Breeds Show, how about sponsoring your own class or animal? – Sunday, 14 July
- Historic Life Weekend: Saxon Archaeology, coinciding with the nation-wide Festival of Archaeology – 20–21 July
- Summer Season, 18 open air evenings of cultural entertainment, set in the beautiful surrounds of the museum, from opera & music to theatre & cinema. Why not enjoy a picnic by our millpond whilst watching a children’s classic ‘The Wind in the Willows‘, or family favourite ‘Grangsta Granny‘, Award-winning comedian ‘Vikki Stone‘, Classical group ‘Nova Foresta‘ or a Shakespearean classic ‘Romeo & Juliet‘? – 20 July – 1 September
- Wonderful Wednesdays, fun-packed activity days for families, which take place at the Museum every Wednesday in August!
- Historic Life Weekend: Harvest – 3–4 August
- Summer Show ‘Saddles & Steam: Horse Power to Horse Power’ – 17–18 August
- Historic Life Weekend: Textiles, spinning, weaving, braiding, dying and textile production of wool and flax, see the traditional crafts come to life – 31 August – 1 September
Find out more on our What’s On page. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Join as an Annual Member
Membership pays for itself in just three visits, so is great value for money if you plan to enjoy multiple events and visits to the Museum.
Family membership starts at £67 and Adult membership at £35.
Find out more here.