Our school workshops are currently under review – with COVID restrictions in mind we want to be sure that we can safely accommodate school groups alongside the general public, whilst also protecting the health of our volunteers. We will be taking bookings for December onwards, and would be happy to come out to schools in the meantime.
At the Weald & Downland Living Museum we offer exciting opportunities for students of all ages. Providing this inspiring learning environment is key to our Museum mission.
- Our beautiful site has rescued buildings that date from between c.950 to c.1910 and provides opportunities for cross-curricular learning; from an Anglo-Saxon hall house to an Edwardian tin tabernacle church
- We were one of the first sites in the country to be awarded the Learning Outside the Classroom quality badge and, in 2017, were re-awarded the Sandford Award for Heritage Learning
- We offer Museum-led workshops, which are closely linked to the National Curriculum, as well as teacher-led visits
- For visit prices and other information for teachers please click here
- Resources for teachers can be found on our site openairclassroom and we are currently developing further materials
- Our schools team brings a wealth of experience to organise a carefully planned visit and can provide support in suggesting options best suited to your group
- We run days for teachers to investigate topics relating to cross-curricular learning outside the classroom
How to book
Please call 01243 811459 or email [email protected] with the following details and our Schools team will reply as soon as possible – usually within one working day – to make the booking for your school. Thank you!
Name of school:
School contact number:
Number of children (approx):
Your preferred date (please provide 3 possible dates):
Number of adults:
Name of lead teacher:
Transport details (e.g. 2 coaches):
Time of arrival at the Museum (normally groups aim to arrive at 10am to start at 10.30am):
Do any of the children have special needs, including any access or behavioural needs we should be aware of?:
Would you like to book Museum-led workshop(s)? If so, which?:
Curriculum focus for visit:
Would you like to receive our e- newsletter (please give e-mail details)?:
How did you hear about us?: