Please support us…
… we’re asking visitors, our community and supporters, like you, to make a contribution in support of our wonderful Museum during these extraordinary and unprecedented times.
The Weald & Downland Living Museum exists to encourage the next generation to be inspired by, and learn about, the rural history and architecture of South East England. A place of beauty, rich in history and of great importance to the community.
We are a charity and an independent museum with no external funding. At this time of uncertainty, we rely more than ever on the generosity of those who share our passion. Can you help?
Text to donate:
If texting is easier, please text Future followed by your chosen amount to 70480* i.e. text ‘Future 10’ to 70480 to donate £10.00.
* texts to this number include the cost of a standard rate message
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT AND GENEROSITY!
GIFTS IN WILLS
Many of our Annual Members and visitors may be unaware that the Museum is a charity and that as a registered charity we can, and occasionally do, benefit from Gifts in Wills. Recent Legacies have enabled us to:
- Fund the completion of the Bakehouse and Dairy
- Fund research into Titchfield Market Hall ready for a large conservation project
- Enabled the Museum to progress the construction of our new site maintenance workshop and office. The project has already been part funded by a Trust. It will make a real difference to how we maintain and care for the site on which the Museum sits.
Legacies are a source of income upon which many charities depend but which are less common within the museum world. We are very grateful to those who have already chosen to support us in this way as each gift, whatever its size, helps ensure the future of this much-loved Museum.
Planning your gift to the Museum
Such a gift is among the most far reaching and valuable contributions a supporter can make, directly benefiting future generations of Museum visitors. Making a legacy is simple and there are three ways in which you can do this:
- A residual legacy in your Will is a share or percentage of your estate after all other gifts and debts have been paid.
- A pecuniary or cash legacy in your Will is a fixed sum of money, the value of which may decrease over time.
- A specific legacy in your Will is a particular asset such as property, shares or personal possessions.
It is very important to take independent professional advice when writing your Will.
Alternatively, please contact:
The Fundraising (Development) Manager
Weald & Downland Living Museum