The Good Life: Revive, Recycle, Restore
Rural communities were the masters of up-cycling and sustainable living well before it ever became fashionable. Making the most of what you had and living in harmony with the natural environment were simply a given. In modern times we’ve lost this ability, but a ground swell of popular opinion and action has seen the idea of living a more eco-friendly life become a zeitgeist moment.
The Good Life will join this movement and show visitors how to bring a new lease of life to themselves and their possessions. There will be a raft of activity including:
- The Swap Shop A fashion exchange in partnership with Transition Chichester
- The Repair Café On-the-spot repairs by the Repair Café Foundation
- Knit and Natter A vintage tea tent with have-a-go knitting
- Upcycling demonstrations featuring Salvage Sister as seen on TV, designed and handcrafted by Charis Williams
- Wellbeing Tipi, Taster classes of yoga, Tai Chi and mindfulness for adults and kids
- Kitchen theatre Demonstrations, by local Chefs with a focus on high welfare, ethical produce
- Talks programme Speakers across a range of eco-living topics
- Kids Craft Tent, with kids crafts activities, mini beast walks, forest art, face painting and Juggling Jake circus skills
To plan your day and learn about all the exciting elements that make-up our Spring Show, take a look at the SHOW PROGRAMME
Terms & Conditions for Swap Shop and Repair Cafe
The Swap Shop will only accept clean items in a good, undamaged condition (no underwear, nightwear, socks or jocks will be accepted). Visitors to the Swap Shop at the The Good Life event on 5&6 May may bring one item only. Items can include:
- Adult clothing
- Children’s clothing
- Children’s books
- Children’s toys and games
Only ONE item per person please for swap only, no money exchange
Calais clothing will also be on sale for refugee aid
Rules for the Repair Café click here.
On the Sunday, 5 May, Worthing Repair Cafe will be offering repairs for small portable electric/electronic items and sewing repairs.
On the Monday. 6 May, Chichester Repair Café will be offering repairs on small portable electric items.
There will be drop-in sessions but visitors need to visit the Repair Café, at the beginning of their visit, to book an allocated time as they may get busy.
Please see further information about the Repair Cafe below:
- One item per visitor, please
- All repairs are carried out at visitors’ own risk
- Advice and repairs carried out by our experienced volunteers is free
- We welcome donations towards running future Repair Cafés
- Look after your children, especially where tools are being used
- Fill in the registration form. Your repair will be assessed and you will be allocated a repairer. Stay with the repairer to learn how your repair is done
- You need to provide/pay for any spare parts the repairer advises
- The organisers and repairers are not liable for any accidental damage to repairs or visitors’ personal effects, any loss or liability as a result of any repair, or for any advice given
- Repairers may refuse to repair an item
- Before you go – make sure you have all repair items, including any that can’t be fixed
INFORMATION FOR VISITORS
The show will open at 10.30am and close promptly at 5.00pm. The Museum itself will also close at the end of the show for safety reasons.
Visitors with disabilities are advised to read our accessibility page in advance of their visit.
The Museum’s waterside café will be open, plus food and drink stalls in the event’s Food Village. There are also lots of picnic areas too.
Dogs on leads are welcome but please keep them on a short lead at all times. Dogs are welcome on the deck of our cafe and in the first indoor section.
Please note that there is no cash machine on site – although some stallholders take card payments you will need to bring your spending money with you.
If you have any questions please contact the Museum on 01243 811363 or email [email protected] in advance of you visit.
INFORMATION FOR TRADERS & EXHIBITORS
Thank you for your interest in participating at our event this year, please visit our Trader Information page for all booking information, forms and terms and conditions.