Botanical Illustration: A Blaze of Autumn Colour
SOLD OUT – Please email email@example.com to be added to the waiting list.
This is a wonderful opportunity to explore and study nature’s colours in the autumn at the Museum. Discover the beautiful patterns and textures of a variety of foliage, fruits, berries, seed pods, hips and haws on this fascinating one day course. Enjoy creating realistic botanical illustrations by drawing and painting with precision and accuracy with plenty of help and guidance from your tutor. The course is suitable for all abilities and lets you work at your own pace.
Leigh Ann Gale is a professional botanical artist and diploma graduate of the English Gardening School, Chelsea Physic Garden. She is an RHS medallist, Fellow of the Hampton Court Palace Florilegium Society and member of the American Society of Botanical Artists. She also contributes to the Nymans Gardens Florilegium Society in Sussex and the Sydney Florilegium Society, Australia.
Her work is included in the Royal Archives and features in the permanent collection of the Hunt Institute for Botanical Documentation, Pittsburgh, USA, plus many private collections in the UK and abroad. Leigh Ann teaches botanical illustration in Sussex and Surrey and undertakes commissioned work. She is the author of ‘Botanical Illustration: The Complete Guide’ due for publication in June 2018.
The day is limited to a maximum of 10 participants.
Materials to bring:
- Watercolours and/or coloured pencils (including water-soluble if you wish)
- Graphite pencils 2H, H, HB
- Putty rubber or good quality eraser
- Hot pressed watercolour paper 300g/m2 (140lb) (hot pressed paper can be purchased from the tutor for an additional charge)
- Tracing paper, scissors, magic tape or low grade adhesive tape
- Sable watercolour brushes with good points e.g. size 0 and size 3
- Cartridge paper for drawing
It is advisable to wear layers.
Fee & Refreshments
£60 per person, this includes tuition, teas and coffees. Please let the Museum know in advance of any special dietary requirements.Book course