Book Signing – the First Official Repair Shop Book
The Weald & Downland Living Museum is delighted to host a book signing for the first official, Repair Shop book!
To coincide with the return of the award winning The Repair Shop on BBC2, filmed at the Weald & Downland Living Museum, the book is a ‘Make Do and Mend’ manual for modern times, from the experts behind the hit series.
The hardback book will be released on 25 July and costs £14.99. Copies will be available from the Museum shop from the 25 July and must be purchased before the book is signed. There is no need to buy an entrance ticket to the Museum to attend the signing. You just simply come along!
“It is my considered opinion that The Repair Shop is far and away the best programme on British Television.”
“The absolute best show on telly.”
Use ‘#TheRepairShop‘ to stay up-to-date.
Please see below for terms and conditions and for further information about the book:
Terms & Conditions
- The signing will take place on the Museum’s courtyard between the Museum café and main entrance, on the 25th July 12-2pm.
- In order to join the signing queue, you will need to have purchased a copy of The Repair Shop from the Museum.
- Please note that the members of The Repair Shop team attending the signing will not be confirmed until the day. Members of the team will alternate throughout the 12-2pm period.
- The signing will finish promptly at 2pm to allow the team to get back to filming the next season. You will need to allow time to queue and have your book signed before 2pm to avoid disappointment.
- Children under the age of 14 years must be accompanied by an adult.
- The members of The Repair Shop team will sign the copy of The Repair Shop only, plus a maximum of two more copies of the book which will be available to purchase on the day.
- Due to time restrictions, The Repair Shop team will not be able to sign any dedications or any additional merchandise.
- There will be the opportunity to have a photo taken with The Repair Shop team – there will be no selfies due to time restrictions. Staff will be on hand to take your camera/phone to get a photo of you whilst your book is being signed.
- Due to the nature of book signing events you will be required to queue – we will aim to keep you updated on your waiting time. Some outside queuing may be required, so please come dressed appropriately for all weathers and keep hydrated.
About the Book
Published by BBC Books, 25 July 2019, Hardback, £14.99
How do you replenish the stuffing in your favourite sofa seat or your child’s beloved, tatty teddy bear? How do you remove a water mark left on your wooden table? What’s the best way to prevent your leather from cracking?
We all have items in our homes that sit about in a state of disrepair while we mull over how to fix them but never actually get round to it. Direct from the Repair Shop’s ‘Workshop of Dreams’, this one-stop practical guide will help you care for those ageing treasures and heirlooms around your house, stashed in the attic, or gathering dust in the garage.
From furniture and toys to ceramics and clothing, the Repair Shop experts will give you their tips and advice on the art of restoring and conserving everyday items, so you can give new life to your most prized possessions. With clear step-by-step instructions and simple illustrations, find out how to clean, carry and maintain the articles that mean most to you, to safeguard your sentimental legacy for generations to come.