Inspired by the Museum: pastel day
Wednesday 19 June 2019
In this one-day course you will make preparatory sketches in pencil from life. Then you will be shown the basics of how to paint using soft pastels and you should leave with at least one finished picture in pastel.
Kate Tugwell is a professional artist and trained tutor. She runs a range of courses, drop-in classes and one-to-one tuition at various venues in West Sussex.
Materials to bring:
· A portable easel and board
· pastel paper – a pad of assorted colours (minimum A4) or a pastel paper sheet cut to size ie. Fisher 400
· 2B pencils
· soft pastels and/or pencil pastels
· masking tape
· craft knife or pencil sharpener
· eraser, putty rubber or electric rubber and stencil
· cotton buds
· silicone blending tool, paperstumps or blending sticks
· stiff paintbrush
· kitchen roll
· camera or i-pad
Please wear suitable outdoor clothing and sturdy footwear.
Fee and refreshments
£65 per person, this includes tuition, teas and coffees. Please let the Museum know in advance if you have any dietary requirements.