Come and find out about traditional English scything during our informal day of demonstrations and displays on Sunday 31 July!
- Scything demonstrations
- Informal presentations on how to set up a scythe and maintain it
- Grinding scythe blades
- Illustration of how to make a snath from both natural formed timber and through steam bending
- How to make ironwork to suit the snaths
- A demonstration of how to make hay rakes
- A display of historic photographs and scythes from the Museum’s artefact collection
We hope you can join us for this informal day to learn about this traditional seasonal activity.
The Museum runs seasonal scything courses: beginners can learn with the Austrian scythe and advanced with the English scythe – visit our traditional rural trades and crafts course pages for details.
To receive our annual course brochures, simply email your name and full postal address to email@example.com.
2017 course dates will be released in November.