Family funThe Museum is a fun day out for families, where children can experience the traditional homes and workplaces of the South East’s villages and countryside, and enjoy our wonderful parkland setting.
- Explore upstairs and downstairs in our collection of buildings – see how people used to live and work
- Learn how the watermill works – try milling with a hand-turned quern
- Explore the woodland playground and find Knucker the water dragon!
- Head to the family activity hub in Hambrook barn to play traditional games
- Try hands-on activities in the medieval house from Sole Street (opening autumn 2018)
- Catch Tudor cooking in Winkhurst kitchen – smell the smoky fire and try some tasty treats
- See traditional breed farm animals – spot Sussex oxen, Shire and Percheron horses, Southdown sheep, plus chickens and geese
- Wander through the woodland – discover the climbing log, balancing roots and canopy
In addition to our fantastic range of day-to-day activities, families can also enjoy special events at the Museum:
- Half term family activities
- Easter activities
- Open air theatre performances
- Wonderful Wednesdays (August)
- Seasonal show days, including the Spring Show, Christmas Market and the Rare & Traditional Breeds Show
- Christmas at the Museum
See our what’s on page for a full list of everything that’s happening this year.
Annual Membership is great value!
Why not join as Annual Members and come back to the Museum as many times as you like for a whole year? Membership pays for itself in just three visits and includes standard daytime admission to the Museum. Find out more.
We hope you can join us soon for a fun family day out!