Family funThe Museum is a fun day out for families, where children can experience the traditional homes and workplaces of the South East’s villages and countryside, and enjoy our wonderful parkland setting.
- Explore upstairs and downstairs in our buildings – see how people used to live and work
- Learn how the watermill works – try milling with a hand-turned quern
- Play in the bow top wagon and camp by the watermill
- Wander through the woodland – discover the climbing log, balancing roots and canopy
- Catch Tudor cooking in Winkhurst kitchen – smell the smoky fire and try some tasty treats
- See traditional breed farm animals – spot Sussex cattle, Oxford Sandy and Black pigs, Shire and Percheron horses, Southdown sheep, plus chickens and geese
In addition to our fantastic range of day-to-day activities, families can also enjoy special events at the Museum:
- Half-term family activities
- The Museum at Easter
- Through the Door Children’s Festival (July)
- Wonderful Wednesdays (every Wednesday in August)
- Show days, including the Food & Folk Festival and the Rare Breeds Show.
Annual Membership is great value!
We hope you can join us soon for a fun family day out!