Family funThe Museum is a fun day out for families, where children can experience the traditional homes and workplaces of the South East’s villages and countryside, and enjoy our wonderful parkland setting.
- Explore upstairs and downstairs in our buildings – see how people used to live and work
- Learn how the watermill works – try milling with a hand-turned quern
- Play in the bow top wagon and camp by the watermill
- Explore our new woodland playground and find Knucker! Opening summer 2017
- Try hands-on activities in the medieval house form Sole Street
- Wander through the woodland – discover the climbing log, balancing roots and canopy
- Catch Tudor cooking in Winkhurst kitchen – smell the smoky fire and try some tasty treats
- See traditional breed farm animals – spot Sussex oxen, Oxford Sandy and Black pigs, Shire and Percheron horses, Southdown sheep, plus chickens and geese
In addition to our fantastic range of day-to-day activities, families can also enjoy special events at the Museum:
- Half-term family activities
- The Museum at Easter
- Through the Door Children’s Festival (July)
- Open air theatre performances (July and August)
- Wonderful Wednesdays (August)
- Show days, including the Food & Folk Festival and the Rare Breeds Show
- Christmas at the Museum
See our what’s on page for a full list of everything that’s happening this year.
Annual Membership is great value!
Why not join as Annual Members and come back to the Museum as many times as you like for a whole year? Membership pays for itself in just three visits and includes all of our show days. Find out more.
We hope you can join us soon for a fun family day out!