Filming at the Museum
Set in 40 acres of beautiful Sussex downland and with 50 original rescued historic buildings dating from the 13th to the 19th century, plus a reconstructed Saxon hall house (950AD), the Museum is a wonderful location for documentary, drama and venue filming.
The site is ideal for authentic historic interiors and exteriors, plus general landscape views. The view along our Market Square, suitably set-dressed, makes a strong street scene.
Past productions include:
- CBeebies My Story Specials: Great Fire of London (October 2016)
- Wall to wall (for BBC2) Victorian Bakers (January 2016)
- BBC Films & Koch Media Bill (September 2015)
- BBC Countryfile (September 2015)
- BBC The Hollow Crown Henry VI part II (January 2015)
- Freemantlemedia Ltd Escape to the Country (October 2013)
- Lion TV Tudor Monastery Farm (April – October 2013)
- BBC Flog it! (February 2013)
- 360 Productions Ltd The Time Travellers Guide to the Elizabethans (November 2012)
- BBC Hairy Bikers (September 2012)
- STV Productions Celebrity Antiques Roadtrip (June 2012)
- Silver River Restoration Women (April 2012)
- Shakespeare Productions Ltd Henry VI parts (January 2012)
- Lion TV The Link (August 2011)
- BBC The One Show with Ruth Goodman (January – February 2011)
- Endemol Restoration Village – The Final (September 2010)
- BBC If walls could talk with Lucy Worsley (September 2009 & February 2010)
- Endemol for the BBC Restoration Village – The Final (September 2009)
- Talkback Thames Escape to the Country (July 2009)
- Antix Productions Most Haunted (May 2009)
- BBC Countryfile featuring the Museum’s Tree Dressing Event (Dec 2008)
- Maya Vision Int Christine of Codicote (March 2008 & Oct 2009)
“Tasked with finding a setting to stage the Battle of York for the Hollow Crown series, we were fortunate to be able to have the opportunity to work and film with the Weald & Downland Museum. It is not every museum that takes the approach to set a full scale medieval battle in their stride and it is to Weald & Downland’s credit that we were able to film key scenes for the drama… A remarkable location staffed by a remarkable team. Thank you.”
Jethro Ensor, Location Manager
The Hollow Crown
We can accommodate early starts and late finishes, and always go the extra mile to help crews achieve what they strive for. There is also a good range of accommodation nearby.
For further information please contact the Museum team on 01243 811013 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.