Rural Life Weekend: Harvest
Join us at the Museum on this special weekend to enjoy seasonal demonstrations focussing on the harvest.
Over the course of this weekend you can see a variety of different produce harvested across the Museum site. From the vegetables in the Victorian cottage garden, to flax at Tindalls Cottage and the produce of Bayleaf farmhouse garden and orchard.
Talks and demonstrations are subject to change, but we plan to include:
- The Tudor harvest
- Health and medicine in Tudor England
- The Hedgerow Harvest
- Working heavy horses
- Mealtime in the Tudor household
- Smuggling in Sussex (a performance)
- The Victorian cottage harvest
- The Toll House harvest
Download the daily activities sheets and plan your visit:
- What’s on – Saturday 2 September 2017 – Harvest weekend and wellness day
- What’s on – Sunday 3 September 2017 – Harvest weekend
On Saturday 2 September there is also the opportunity to find out about well-being activities from practitioners here at the Museum, with free sessions on: Tai Chi, Nordic walking, reiki, kinesiology and art. Find out more.