Day of Dance
Join us on Sunday 11 June for a day of dance at the Museum.
There are opportunities for adults and children to take part in free workshop sessions, so wear sturdy shoes and come along to take part! Children aged over 7 years will find it easier to take part in the workshop.
Also be inspired by watching the morris sides dancing.
The outline programme is:
- 11.00-11.30 Morris side dances in the Market Square
- 11.30-12.00 Morris dance workshop with Gail Duff and Bing Lyle of TRADS in Market Square. Shepherds Hey.
- 11.45-12.15 Morris side dances in Visitor Centre courtyard
- 12.00-12.30 Historical dance workshop with Gail Duff and Bing Lyle. Sellenger’s Round, Circle Dance.
- 12.30-1.00 Morris side dances in Market square
- 1.00-1.30 Have a go at maypole dancing (workshop), with tuition
- 2.00-2.30 Morris sides dance in Visitor Centre courtyard
- 2.00-2.45 Have a go at morris dancing – border morris. Led by Gail Duff and Bing Lyle
- 2.45-3.45 Morris sides dance in Market Square
- 3.15-3.45 Social dance in market square, all performers and visitors welcome to join in
Please note that all demonstrations and sessions are subject to change.
Information for visitors
The day of dance will open at 10.30am and close at 5.30pm. The Museum site will remain open as a park until 6pm.
The Museum’s café kiosk will be open, plus there are lots of picnic areas. Dogs on leads are welcome but should be kept on a short lead at all times.