Autumn Half-Term Family Activities 2016
Enjoy the great outdoors this autumn half-term at the Museum, with fantastic family activities taking place from 11am – 3pm from Monday 24th until Friday 28th October.
Children of all ages can channel their excitement and energy into a range of hands-on activities Hallowe’en themed activities, plus outdoor trails around our 40-acre downland site. Don’t worry! Wet weather won’t stop play as there are plenty of covered areas.
See today’s activity list here! Tuesday 25 October 2016.
Activities vary from day-to-day and will include:
- Carve a pumpkin to make a jack-o’-lantern for your home in preparation for Hallowe’en. People believed that these lanterns kept evils spirits away and protected their homes.
- Play a game of conkers
- Make a scary mask! This is a traditional time of the year for disguises – especially for trick or treating
- Listen to a spine-tingling story – read around the fire in one of our historic homes
- Create a dancing paper skeleton
- Plus many more activities to make and take home!
Please note that some activities have a small charge or we request a donation.
We will publish a daily list of activities here each morning – please visit again soon to see what’s on!
Around the Museum
Between activities, enjoy the fresh air and see the Southdown sheep, Shire horses and the other traditional breed farm animals including Sussex oxen, pigs, chickens and geese.
The Museum’s family-friendly historic buildings are fascinating places to explore, plus you can learn how food was prepared in our working Tudor kitchen and visit the watermill, where you can buy grain to feed the hungry ducks.
Information for visitors
Activities will run from 11am-3pm and children must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Please wear clothes suitable for playing outdoors.
Our café kiosk will be open, plus there are indoor and outdoor picnic areas. Dogs on leads are welcome and there is ample free parking. Please note that the Museum is a no-smoking site.
Disabled visitors are advised to contact the Museum in advance to discuss the best way to access the site.
Regular entry charges apply and the Museum will be open from 10.30am until 6pm.