Inspired by the museum: watercolour day
Wednesday 6 June 2018
THIS COURSE IS NOW FULLY BOOKED
To be added to the waiting list please call 01243 811021 or email [email protected].
Be inspired by the beautiful historic surroundings and spend a day learning to paint with watercolours. You may wish to start your painting with a light pencil sketch or create a drawing in pen before applying a watercolour wash. Suitable for beginners and those with some experience.
Kate Tugwell is a professional artist and trained tutor. She runs a range of courses, drop-in classes and one-to-one tuition at various venues in West Sussex.
The day is limited to a maximum of 10 participants.
Materials to bring:
- A portable easel or board to rest on;
- sketching pad;
- a few sheets of watercolour paper – either pre-stretched on boards or a gummed pad is ideal;
- HB, 2B or water soluble graphite pencils;
- pencil sharpener;
- watercolour paints;
- palette for mixing colours;
- brushes – a selection of sable rounds and a wide wash brush;
- water holders and kitchen roll.
- a viewfinder;
- masking fluid,
- fine-tipped permanent ink drawing pens,
- a camera or i-Pad in case the weather forces us indoors.
Please wear suitable outdoor clothing and sturdy footwear.
Fee and refreshments
£65 per person, this includes tuition, morning coffee and afternoon tea. Please let the Museum know in advance any special dietary requirements. You can bring your own packed lunch or the café will be open at lunchtime.